COMMUNITY SERVICES: RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOD
- Provide direct service support to individuals or clients.
- Evaluate the work of staff to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other organisations / stakeholders in the community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Establish and oversee administration procedures to meet objectives set by the municipality.
- Plan and administer budget for programs, equipment and support services.
- Prepare and maintain reports.
- Oversee execution of organizational policies.
- Direct and coordinate activities of workers / staff.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DEPARTMENTAL SECTIONS:
- Waste Management Section:
- Street cleaning and waste collection in town, B&Bs and peri-urban areas and transport it to landfill site.
- Grass cutting of sport fields, parks and along the road from Mpantu to Second Beach.
- Management of landfill site.
|1. CBD – Businesses, Second Beach & B&Bs||Everyday|
|2. Mpantu, Ferry Point, Agate Terrace, Silaka & Households||Mondays (once a week)|
|3. Mthumbane Township||Tuesdays (once a week)|
|4. Poenskop & First Beach||Wednesdays (once a week)|
|5. Sinuka area||Thursdays (once a week)|
- NB. This collection schedule needs to be reviewed and communicated soon to address some areas of concern raised by the ratepayers.
- Public Safety and Security Section:
- To provide Law enforcement and protection services in the municipal jurisdiction.
- To ensure compliance of motorists to traffic regulations.
- Renewal of licences and registrations of vehicles.
- Amenities, Cemeteries & Pound Section:
- Coordinate and manage sport activities and facilities.
- Management of amenities such as beaches, parks and cemeteries.
- Provision of library services to communities.